Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Binging - It's Not the End of the World!!!

Life. It's a little word that means so many things. Life can be hectic, life can be unpredictable and busy. At certain times, it becomes VERY hard to stay on track with your healthy lifestyle because of time constraints or access to good food choices. The last week has been insane for me (so much going on) and I am proud to say I was better than I've been in the past; at making good choices from restaurant menus and keeping active. Still, I ate some things I normally wouldn't and the drinks I consumed were not the best choices, but I had great fun. Now, coming back to reality, I feel a sense of - "I let myself down..." I gained a couple pounds back after losing close to 7 pounds. That bites, but there is nothing I can do about it now - so why shall I torture myself?
Key when changing your "I don't give a care" lifestyle to a health inspired lifestyle is to give yourself a break. When you have a setback, just get right back to working out and eating right the next day. You can't dwell and you can't give up. Once you give up, you enter the "Yo-Yo Dieting" world. Back to your old habits until you decide to diet again. This is supposed to be a LIFESTYLE... Just go back to your way of life prior to "the binge." It's not the end of the world. Just like when a painter or a writer loses their train of thought for a bit, they have to get back to that place of creativity - that's all this is. You have to get right back to molding YOU. Every day you're changing, creating, and managing your appearance, character, & self. After a partay filled weekend, all you have to do is get back to your routine. Just pretend you had a mini-break. No worries, no guilt, no pressure.
Life is meant for living and having fun. You lived in the moment, now live in this moment... Work hard, be true, & don't ever hate on you. You are not defined by what you didn't do - you're defined by what you did. So get DO-ing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment